15 medium size shrimp
1 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
- Peel the shell of the large shrimp and de-head it leaving only the tail. Wash the shrimp with water. Preferably, use ice water for washing the shrimp.
- Coat the shrimp with flour by rolling the shrimp over the flour or by placing in a bag and shaking. Combine the egg and milk in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and beat it until you get a stiff batter and set it aside.
- Now take the floured shrimp dip it in the batter.
- After dipping it in egg and milk, coat the shrimp with the breadcrumbs or cracker meal. You can make the shrimp spicy by adding little pepper powder and chili powder on the shrimp.
- Heat the oil around 320 degrees and deep-fry the shrimp in the frying oil to a golden color for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep turning the shrimps in oil until you get the golden color. Drain the excess oil in the shrimp by placing it on a paper. Serve the fried shrimp with your choices of dipping sauces.